Mixo presents Beatz 2 Rhymez on 3/25/2009...Don't miss it!
Mixo celebrates milestone…and it’s free!
“Battle not with monsters lest you become one.”~Friedrich Nietzsche
Beatz 2 Rhymez beat battle one year anniversary will feature a who’s who of A- listers from the Detroit Hip Hop scene on Wednesday, March 25, 2009. Hosted by Blake Eerie and sounds provided by DJ Soko, Quest McCody, Black Reign, OhKang, and Uncle P will serve as special guest judges, along with the crowd, to evaluate who has the hottest beats in da House--the Lager House that is. With a solid vocal performance lineup--Tree City, LoDown, Miz Korona, and Mixo himself, the event will feature the antics of talented producers such as Peace of Mind, Aztec, Malaki, and YC.
YC recently won the Monthly Mixer Beat Battle put on by DetroitRap.com. He went against the skillz of 15 other music producers in a NCAA bracket style progression until he was the victor by audience decision. The BullFrog set the tone for the increasingly popular event hosted every month by Uncle P, Ike Love, and DJ DDT.
Stay in the pocket by visiting this site regularly for updates. The next Monthly Beat Battle Mixer will be Thursday, April 9th at The BullFrog.
The deadline is approaching for “ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producers Showcase Submissions
Raise the bar a tad higher and submit your music to show the music industry the diverse, undiscovered production talent the D has to offer. According to their website, ASCAP is “excited to about this year's showcase opportunity at the EXPO specifically for producers in the Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B and Dance realm – the ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producers Showcase. If you make tracks (or beats), then this is an opportunity for you. Submissions end on April 3rd! The iStandard Producer Showcase is the premier national music producer specific event, spotlighting aspiring hit-makers in front of a panel of prominent music industry tastemakers. The eight EXPO attendees, whose tracks are selected by iStandard, and those in the audience will receive valuable constructive criticism and build relationships with contacts that can assist them in getting ahead in their careers.”
Below are the rules for submitting your tracks, straight from the horse’s mouth:
Guidelines and Details
• You must be registered to attend the ASCAP EXPO in order to submit. You will be asked to enter your ASCAP EXPO Registration Number from your confirmation email or letter.
• Submissions are online only via the iStandard Producers website.
• Submit two tracks in mp3 form, each may be up to 10 MB and should not be more than two minutes.
• Tracks should be instrumentals or instrumentals with chorus "hooks" in Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Electronic, and Dance genres. No Full Songs!
• The Song submitted must be an original work created by you.
• The submission process will close on Friday, April 3, 2009. Late submissions will not be accepted.
• Those selected to be on the showcase will be notified by iStandard prior to the EXPO via e-mail. Entrants should not contact ASCAP or iStandard to see if they have been selected.
• You must agree to all Official Rules, Terms and Conditions. Any false information will result in automatic disqualification.
"It is real": “In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.” ~Ayn Rand