He appeared to have been comfortable talking about his ups and downs in 2012. However, he has a lot of exciting things happening for him in 2013.
Troubles in 2012
- Bitter divorce proceedings
- Public custody battle for two sons
- Death of stepson because of jet-ski accident
- Emotional breakdown in Berlin causing him not to sing
- Record sales dipped
Upcoming blessings in 2013
- Enjoying full custody of 4-year-old and 5-year-old sons
- Coaching contestants on The Voice
- Movie Hands of Stone with Robert diNiro
- World tour
At the end of 2009, Usher was named the number one Hot 100 artist of the 2000s decade. Billboard named him the second most successful artist of the 2000s decade, with his 2004 album Confessions being ranked as the top solo album of the 2000s decade. Billboard also placed Usher at number six on their list of Top 50 R&B/Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years. Usher has attained nine Hot 100 number-one hits (all as a lead artist) and has attained eighteen Hot 100 top-ten hits.
Usher has been a mentor for Justin Bieber and signed him to Usher's record label.