Looking for an appetizer that is homemade instead of from a box sold in the grocers freezer than look no more. Mushrooms are a hit when stuffed with a creamy sausage filling. These delights can give the chips and dip platter a cold shoulder once they are set out on the table. Mushrooms are a healthier choice and make for a great change from the usual appetizer choices.
- 24 large white mushrooms
- 10 ounces of ground mild sausage meat
- ¼ cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1/8 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400’.
- Remove the stems and outer firm or skin from the mushrooms and set aside on a cookie tray.
- Cook the sausage in a frying pan over a medium heat until cooked through. Then drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Add the bread crumbs into the frying pan and stir into the cooked sausage meat and set pan aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and the parsley, garlic and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Mix the cream cheese mixture into the sausage mixture until everything is combined completely.
- Spoon the sausage stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Once all the mushrooms are stuffed sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Baked in the oven for 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are lightly browned and tender.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a platter and serve while hot.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.