On Saturday, September 28, 2013, over 1,400 museums across the country will participate in the ninth annual Museum Day Live!, hosted by the Smithsonian magazine. Venues will emulate the free admission policy offered every day at the Smithsonian Museums in Washington, D.C.There are 16 museums participating in the Museum Day Live! event in Louisiana, with nine of them in the New Orleans area.
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Alexandria Museum of Art
- Hermann-Grima Historic House
- Longue View House and Gardens
- Louisiana Children's Museum
- Louisiana State Museum Baton Rouge
- LSU Museum of Art
- Melrose Plantation
- New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum
- Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum
- Sci-Port Louisiana's Science Center
- The Historic New Orleans Collection
- The National WWII Museum - Smithsonian Affiliate
- The Ogden Museum of Southern Art - Smithsonian Affiliate
- West Baton Rouge Museum
- Contemporary Arts Center
Museum Day Live! tickets are now available to download on the Smithsonian website. Each ticket admits two, to the participating museum of their choice. One ticket is permitted per household, per email address.
The Smithsonian Institution consists of 19 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park and nine research facilities.Approximately 30 million people from around the world visit the museums annually. It is the largest museum and and research complex in the world. ~ Smithsonian.com
For email updates when a new article is published, please subscribe at the top of the page.