Communicate to Inspire answers some of the key practical questions for becoming a better leader, such as:
- "How do you learn to be yourself, better?"
- "What should you examine and how should you articulate your own purpose and values?"
Author Kevin Murray presents in his new book, a model that charts the leadership process and draws stories from his experience coaching leaders.
The book provides principles of leadership communication that address:
- how to become more audience-centric
- how to emphasize values
- how to focus on the people leaders need to inspire
- what methods and tools to use to try to see the world through their eyes and address their needs
- mastering the art of public speaking.
Communicate to Inspire uses charts and information gathered from dozens of successful training programs to determine how to turn a department, division or company into a better listening, faster responding, more innovative entity, just by holding more and better structured conversations.
Murray specializes in strategic communications, reputation management and leadership communications coaching. He has almost 40 years' experience in communications, including appointments as Director of Communications of British Airways and Director of Corporate Affairs at the UK Atomic Energy Authority.
He is currently Chairman of The Good Relations Group, the Public Relations Division of Chime Communications, a London-based international marketing services company.
He is also the author of The Language of Leaders.