When you have a pet, many times you are considering finding a mate for it to produce more pups or kittens because you want another just like the one you have. I can relate. You love your pet and feel you want to duplicate that animal. However, after speaking to your local Rockford-area veterinarian as listed below or one closest to your home, you will find out that there are many health benefits as to why you should get your pet spayed or neutered.
- In female pets, spaying can help to prevent breast cancer and uterine infections. These conditions can become fatal. It is best to spay the female right after the first heat cycle.
- A spayed female won’t go into heat and cause the problems that are created when looking for a mate.
- Neutering the male can prevent testicular cancer, especially if done prior to six months of age.
- Once neutered, the male dog will no longer roam the streets to find a mate, which puts himself in danger of fighting with other males or animals. It will prevent his need to mark with extremely strong urine to attract the females. Other behavioral problems could lead to aggression. Both the neutering and aggression, among other inappropriate problems could be avoided through early neutering.
- Despite rumors, spaying or neutering your pet will not cause obesity; overfeeding and lack of exercise puts on the pounds, not de-sexing your pet.
- De-sexing stops the overpopulation of dogs and cats nationwide, which in time avoids them from being unnecessarily euthanized.
There are already many adorable kitties and puppies in the world to fill your heart and life without needing to have your pet giving birth to more. This could lead to harm and danger to the momma dog and her babies. For the many health benefits and behavior issues, it is best to have your pet spayed or neutered at an early age.
If you are seeking Veterinary assistance in the Rockford area, you can check out one of these at - Rockford Vet Clinics, Bellwood Vet, Rockford Veterinarians, Perryville Veterinarian , Cat Veterinarians Specialists
For all your pets needs and accessories in the Rockford area, go to your local PETCO - 6305 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108, (815) 229-0184 - Petco or your local PETSMART - 6320 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108, (815) 397-7880 - Petsmart -Petland, (815) 332-4200 - Petland
For many of your pet essentials, visit your local Rockford-area CVS pharmacies. There are four convenient locations - 3134 11th Street, Rockford, IL 61109, (815)398-0048 - 110 S Alpine Rd, Rockford, IL 61108 - 3718 Main Street, Rockford, IL 61103, (815)877-9620 - 2454 S. Alpine Rd., Rockford, IL 61108, (815)399-5421 - CVS Pharmacy
()Help abused animals in and around Rockford. If you are looking to adopt a new family member or are looking to support animal abuse, check out local shelters such as - Noah's Ark Animals, Humane Society in Rockford, PAWS Humane Society, Pet Rescue in Rockford, Chihuahua Land Rockford or Chihuahua Rescue.
Sign up for my pet blog and let me know if you have questions or concerns regarding your pets. Let me know what you think of my articles and if you have any queries. I have created a question and answer page for that reason. Let me know if I can be of help to you with your beloved pets – no question too large or small. Hope to see you at Animal Care Blog. Be the most educated pet parent!