Fruit tarts are so delicious and can be customized to your guests preferences. If someone does not care for kiwi, then by all means leave it out. If you want to go with a holiday theme such as Christmas, consider using only green and red fruit, such as raspberries, cherries, strawberries, red grapes, green grapes and kiwi. For a 4th of July celebration, use blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. The possibilities are endless, so be creative!
Mixed fruit and berry tart
1 cup all purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg yolk
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup marshmallow creme
3 cups assorted fruit
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients, using fork or pastry blender, until soft dough forms.
- Press firmly in 12-inch round pan to within 1/2 inch of edge of pan.
- Prick thoroughly with fork.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Arrange fruit on cream cheese mixture.
- In saucepan, heat preserves and water over low heat, stirring occasionally, until preserves are melted.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon over fruit.
- Store in refrigerator.