These are called the Best Pumpkin Muffins ever and they may be right. They are so tasty that they will disappear very quickly. No one can seem to eat just one. They are just the right sweetness, the right lightness, and the right taste of pumpkin.
Pumpkin is one of those flavors people in the U.S. tend to crave in the fall – when the pumpkin crop is ripe in the cold-weather climates. (In the United States, we can thank the State of Illinois for growing 95% of the pumpkin crop.) When you look at the vitamin content of pumpkin, however, you wouldn’t just wait until the fall to eat it. Chock full of Vitamin A and beta-carotene with a smattering of other vitamins and high in fiber and low in fat, pumpkin is very good for you. And it’s available year-round in a can (make sure to look at the label and buy 100% pure pumpkin – not the pumpkin pie filling).
Here are some great uses of pumpkin:
- Facial mask: Mix it with honey and other ingredients to make an amazing mask for healthy skin - there's tons of recipes on the internet for each skin type. (Or mix ½ cup pumpkin puree with ½ cup coconut milk solids – found in the top of a can of coconut milk - and ½ tsp. cinnamon for an amazing body butter!)
- Cook with it: Pumpkin pie, breads, and other sweet recipes are wonderful, but try pumpkin soup and roasted pumpkin for a healthy and delicious treat.
- Eat the seeds: Called “pepitas”, pumpkin seeds are delicious and nutritious. The next time you carve a pumpkin, keep the seeds. Mix them with a little butter, spread them on a cookie sheet and bake them at 250 degrees (tossing occasionally) until they are golden brown.
- Make muffins! And, of course, you’ll want to make this recipe for Pumpkin Muffins! Don’t skimp on the brown sugar topping – it adds a superbly sweet crunch.
Best Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Ingredients for making the Best Pumpkin Muffins:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cup oil
- 29-ounce can pumpkin (solid, packed pumpkin – 100% pure)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups raisins (optional)
- Brown sugar for topping
Directions for making the Best Pumpkin Muffins:
In a large mixing bowl, whip the eggs. Add the sugar and whip more. Add the oil and pumpkin, whip together. Add all the dry ingredients and mix together well. Stir in the raisins. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers. Fill each cup ¾ full with the batter and sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on the batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes.
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
Other great pumpkin recipes:
Pumpkin cream cheese bar recipe – these are SO good!
Martha Stewart’s pumpkin cheese cake recipe – a wow recipe for sure
Crustless pumpkin pie recipe – all of the flavor with less calories
Click on “SUBSCRIBE” above!