President's Day 2014 Monday is a federal holiday and the New York MTA will have a special schedule for holiday hours on Monday Feb. 17. Metro North, Staten Island and Long Island rail service is also operating on holiday schedules. This includes some planned service changes, according to MTA on Feb. 14.
Most New Yorkers would know how to get around the city even if they were blindfolded, those who live and work in the city know the schedules almost as well as they know their own address. For the folks who just arrived and for those visitors to the city, the mass transit system is so massive that it can be confusing. For daily schedules and up to the minute changes check MTA. Info.com.
MTA trains and buses for President's Day Monday, Feb. 17:
• (4) Trains are not running.
• Customers can use:
• (5) Service in Brooklyn and Manhattan, or
• (D) Service and shuttle buses in the Bronx.
• (5) Train is extended to Utica Ave. and New Lots Ave, which replaces the (4) service.
• (7) Will be undergoing work extending through Monday.
• (7) Trains will operate only between Times Square and Mets-Willets Point through Monday.
• (A) Weekend work is also extended through Monday.
• (A) Trains will operate in two sections – 207 Street to Jay Street MetroTech and Utica Ave. to Lefferts Blvd/Far Rockaway. Shuttle buses between Jay St-MetroTech and Utica Av.
NYC subway and buses schedule for President's Day Monday, Feb. 17:
A Saturday schedule will be in place for Monday Feb. 17, which is President’s Day, these subway changes are in place:
• There is no express service on the (6) or (7)
• The (B) train does not operate on this schedule. You can use the (A) (C) (D) or (Q) instead.
• (M) Trains operate only between Myrtle Avenue (Broadway), Brooklyn, and Metropolitan Avenue, Queens.
• The (Z) train does not operate; use the (J) which runs between Jamaica Center and Chambers Street.
• Metro-North Railroad
• The Metro North will operate on a Saturday schedule for Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17.
• The MTA Metro-North Railroad will also operate on a Saturday schedule.
• Not operating on Monday Feb 17:
Hudson Rail Link, the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and the Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry are not operating.
The exits for the north end to Grand Central at 46th-48th Streets will also be closed.
• Staten Island Railway:
• MTA Staten Island Railway will operate on a Sunday schedule on Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17.
• Long Island Railroad
• MTA Long Island Railroad will operate on a holiday schedule on Monday Feb. 17, President’s Day. The MTA Long Island Railroad will add one extra westbound morning train on the Ronkonkoma Branch. Click on the MTA. Info link above for specific schedule and stops for the extra morning train.
• Extra cars will be added to regularly scheduled eastbound and westbound trains on Monday.
Fares will remain at off-peak prices all day on Monday.