During a monologue in which he attempted to provide cover for Barack Obama, MSNBC's Chris Matthews said Thursday a Senate Intelligence Committee report concluded the Benghazi terror attack was the result of an online YouTube video, Newsbusters reported.
"The Benghazi brouhaha that was discredited by the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee that basically squared the Obama claims with the evidence showing it really was a spontaneous attack probably triggered by a Cairo attack and that dumb anti-Islamic movie out of Los Angeles," he said.
But it would seen that Matthews apparently lives in an alternate reality where up is really down.
As Matt Hadro wrote, the Senate Intelligence Committee concluded just the opposite, saying the Benghazi attacks were, in fact, "deliberate and organized."
That report also blamed the State Department for ignoring a number of warning signs about deteriorating security.
Moreover, CNN said in its report the intelligence community believes there were no protests outside the facility that sparked the siege of the U.S. compound. But that seemed to have escaped Matthews in his effort to defend Obama.
Matthews' comments were part of a rant attacking those he said "hate" the president.
"But what's the Obama hatred all about?" he asked.
Matthews also claimed the IRS scandal has "not gotten tied to any of the Obama political people" despite emails showing that former IRS executive Lois Lerner secretly helped craft rules to restrict the activity of conservative groups in a way that would not be disclosed to the public.
"Don't you get the sense that the Obama hatred is a hatred in search of a reason? Whatever comes along, like the CBO report yesterday, becomes another way to find a way to explain hating the guy. Is it the way the guy lives his life? Is it his family? Is that he's a Democrat, really? Is that the reason to hate him? Or is it just because, just because, just because he is who he is?" Matthews asked.
A post at the conservative blog Weasel Zippers responded in four words: "Umm, because he sucks."
- Report says Valerie Jarrett gave the order to stand down in Benghazi
- Susan Rice: Scandal surrounding Benghazi terror attack a 'false controversy'
- Hillary Clinton: Truth about Benghazi attack doesn't matter
- Obama cites 'phony scandals' in speech as charges filed in Benghazi attack (Video)
- Obama blames 'phony scandals' for bad economy, threatens unilateral action
- Jay Carney to Joe Scarborough: IRS, Benghazi, NSA scandals 'phony' (Video)
- The Benghazi Chronicles, part 1: Criminal charges filed, Obama still whines it’s a ‘phony scandal’
- Flashback: Chuck Schumer, Al Franken sign letter demanding IRS target Tea Party groups in 2012
- Obama blames Bush, Europe at Democratic fundraiser
- Obama blames Founding Fathers for not being able to dictate 'change'
- President Obama blames Bush, "messy democracy" for his own failures
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.