These days it seems that for liberals, everything -- including peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and dry asparagus -- is racist. Doubly so for the folks at MSNBC, who, according to an article posted Wednesday at Red Alert Politcs, cried racism over bipartisan criticism of a "selfie" Barack Obama took with British Prime Minister David Cameron and Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt at the memorial service for Nelson Mandela.
The picture, as Kelsey Osterman observed, went viral, with many condemning the childish act as inappropriate in the context of a memorial service.
Despite the bipartisan nature of the criticism, MSNBC's Thomas Roberts cried foul and blamed Republicans.
Roberts, Mediaite said, wondered if calling coverage of the "selfie" racist was “taking it too far.”
"His guests did not agree," Noah Rothman said.
“It’s not taking it too far once you situate it within the context with which the right wing has attacked the first lady since even before she was the first lady,” Lehigh Valley University professor James Peterson said.
“This is a big tempest in a teapot,” added MSNBC reporter Irin Carmon. “And it’s a confluence of racist and sexist stereotypes, as if Michelle is this angry black woman, as if President Obama is this oversexed black man…”
A visibly unhappy Michelle Obama can also be seen in the picture, obviously not pleased with the action taking place next to her.
- Dry asparagus prompts allegations of racism against Missouri grocery store
- Portland school sees racism in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Education consultant says white paper may cause racism in young children
- UK school demands mother declare 7-year-old son racist
- Slate: Racism may explain preference for white turkey meat
- By their actions, liberals prove they are the real racists
- Political Correctness is destroying America
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.