Many people expect that as they grow older, their physical body will start to give up on them. Although, age is really just a number, your body and overall physical wellness does not have to suffer. The book, Ageless Pilates: The Secret to Moving Comfortably, Easily and Pain-Free for the Rest of Your Life, by Christine Binnendyk is a very informative and safe method of practicing Pilates at home. Just 15 minutes of Pilates exercises a day can make a dynamic change in the way you feel in your body.
Ageless Pilates is very user friendly and guides you through proper bio-mechanical alignment. Each 15 minute lesson has Anchor Points, Body Geometry, and Comfort Options.
- Anchor Points teach you what part of the body should stay isolated so that you can feel secure in your movements.
- Body Geometry helps you learn which muscles to activate and how to move them in the most effective pattern.
- Comfort Options offers suggestions to find the appropriate range of motion for your body. As you progress, you will be able to make changes within the exercise and keep your workout challenging.
After learning each individual exercise, Christine includes workouts that you can practice to:
- build core strength
- improve posture
- challenge balance
- relieve arthritis and low back pain
Each day you can focus on different body parts and keep your workout fresh and innovative. Ageless Pilates is a book that will inspire you to move more each day so you can feel better for the rest of your life. It can be as easy as:
- move every day
- listen to your body
- remember to breathe
- always balance movement with stability
To purchase Christine Binnendyk's Ageless Pilates: The Secret to Moving Comfortably, Easily, and Pain-Free for the Rest of Your Life, click here.
About the author: Christine Binnendyk
Christine Binnendyk is a Master Pilates trainer who practices in Portland, Oregon. She is personally certified by Romana Kryzanowska, a protege of Joseph Pilates. Christine helps clients who range from those recovering from hip-replacement to professional athletes.