This examiner has been making some changes lately. One of those being, moving. Moving while time consuming can be fun if you know how to plan. Believe me I know. I've felt like I have been on the move all my life. Seriously, we have moved to Dayton, Oh (for a job), back to Canton, from Dayton (to be close to home and ill parents), from our first home (due to bankruptcy) and into a rental home (convenient rebuilding credit stage), to a land contract home (fell through after 2 years, due to being underwater fiscally), which lead to our current abode ( which we found online, including the realtor).
With that being said, here are some things we have learned along the way:
1. Change is good. Even if you can't change anything but the layout of the furniture, just ask my wife.
2. Step back and re-evaluate. Everything. Finances, plans for your life, stressors, how it affects the kids, etc., then proceed with caution. What can you change in your life to make it better?
3. Cut back or Cut out. Do you really need the top tier TV plan from whatever company, traditional cable or satellite is not the only thing available these days, is a newspaper necessary, can you change phone carriers to something cheaper, is a land line really necessary? Just some things to consider.
4. One thing leads to another. Repairs to your home are costly. But, every one leads to some thing else that needs to be done to rectify the situation you thought would be simple. It never is.
5. Purge (de-stuffify). We usually go through things and get rid of the stuff/junk we've collected so it's easier to pack and less to move. This time however we did not, we packed it all- lock stock and even the barrel. It really is better to do this step before the move.
6. A little help from your friends. We really got blessed here. After moving out of the land contract home, we moved everything into 2 storage units and a garage. Then a month later out of those storage units and into our current home. Three crews needed over a total of four days total, out and in. Oh,and the largest truck available. Thanks Penske!
So moving CAN be fun, its a lot of work, and tiring, but it's a good kind of tired. Then when it's all said and done and everything including the dust has settled and the only thing left standing is YOU ready for the next challenge.
R U UP 2 IT??
Time to buy the paint, bye!
Please stay tuned in for alerts on additional articles that may interest you by clicking on the subscribe button at the top of this article. Comments are always welcome.