In honor of Halloween, here is a movie mashup challenge. At least one of the films is a horror flick. Titles may be combined phonetically (for instance From Dusk Till Dawn Jon). Unlike the wimpy newspaper mashes, this game may be difficult so unleash your inner film buff and fire away. Answers will be posted on Halloween. If you think you have the correct answers send them here. Enjoy, and don’t eat too much candy corn!
- Mia Farrow stars in this psychological thriller where a pregnant woman, despite the assurances of those around her, believes her child may be abnormally intelligent.
- Freddie Krueger terrorizes the neighborhood kids in this video-game inspired B-movie slasher. Jean-Claude Van Damme co-stars as Krueger’s adversary.
- Things aren’t always as they seem when snowbound Jack Torrance meets an American woman on a covert mission in Nazi Germany, portrayed by Melanie Griffith.
- Yet another Eddie Murphy film flop, this action comedy saw Murphy and Owen Wilson teaming up to take on a cannibalistic family.
- Stranded in space a crew member and hit man join forces to kill a foreign creature aboard the craft. Starring Colin Farrell and Sigourney Weaver.
- Director Doan Hoang focuses on a bizarre legend of the headless horseman in his Vietnam war documentary.
- Aliens abduct a group of teens with a deadly secret who become entangled in the New York punk scene with a serial killer on the loose. Spike Lee directs, and Robert Patrick and Jennifer Love Hewitt star (3 films).
- Marvel’s red-skinned WWII creation finds himself uniting with a chainsaw and shotgun wielding demon killer and young boy growing up in a medieval old-folks home, with Michael Caine (3 films).
- Departing from Michael Meyers, this convoluted movie instead focuses on a sinister plot to return Halloween to its dark origins, hatched by a farmer, a traveling career transitions worker, and an athletic golden retriever. Featuring Richard Pryor and George Clooney (4 films).