Biker Events Are Always Fun! (Photo: Tom Bachur)
There are a lot of motorcycle events around the Baltimore area this weekend. Here are a few:
- MVA Centennial Celebration. Saturday, June 12, 2010, 12:00 - 4:00 pm. Join the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration as they celebrate their 100th Anniversary of serving Maryland!! The event will feature:
- 100 cars - one from each year since 1910
- one motorcycle from each of the 10 decades since MVA opened.
- vehicle and driver safety displays
- a motorcycle safety simulator
- an ignition interlock demonstration
- an inter-active alcohol perceptions demonstration
- food, music, and distinguished guests
- Abate's Annual "Mountains, Motorcycles and Music" State Party. Friday, June 11, 2010 - Sunday, June 13, 2010. Held at the fairgrounds in Allegheny County, Cumberland, Maryland. Gates open on Friday at 7:00 pm. The event includes: guided rides, music, field events, contests and more. Call (410)263-9185 for more details.
- Broken Spoke Poker Run. Saturday, June 12, 2010. Registration begins at 10:00 am at the Chesapeake Grill, located at 913 Pulaski Highway in Havre De Grace, Maryland. There is a $10 entry fee per poker hand.
- 2nd Annual Lions Camp Merrick Ride. Saturday, June 12, 2010. This ride starts at Old Glory Harley Davidson, located at 11800 Laurel Bowie Road, in Laurel, Maryland. Registration begins at 10:00 am and the ride departs for Thurmont, Maryland at 12:15 pm. Ride proceeds benefit Lions Camp Merrick, a summer camp that provides residential camping experiences for deaf, blind and children with diabetes, ages 6-16. The ride costs $30 per person, and includes an all you can eat buffet. Call (443)794-1680.
- 11th Annual COPS Ride. Sunday, June 13, 2010. This annual event is held by "Concerns of Police Survivors." The ride departs from various locations (most at 9:00 am) around the State in an escorted ride to the Howard County Fairgrounds. A minimum donation of $25 is required to participate.
- 5th Annual Mason-Dixon Motorcycle Run. Sunday, June 13, 2010. Sponsored by Pete's Cycle of Maryland, this ride leaves from Pete's Cycle in Baltimore, 7511 Bel Air Road. Registration begins at 8:00 am and the ride departs at 9:00. The ride travels to Gettysburg, Pennsylvannia, Antietem Battlefield, the South Mountain Battlefield and Monocacy Battlefield. There is a $10 cost per bike. Proceeds benefit the Baltimore Art and Music Project. Call (410)444-4653 for more information.
- Bikers for Babies to Benefit the March of Dimes. Sunday, June 13, 2010. This ride begins at the Woodbridge Community Clubhouse, located at 910 Woodbridge Center Way in Edgewood, Maryland. Registration begins at 10:00am and the ride departs at noon. This ride takes a scenic tour through Harford and Baltimore Counties. Ride costs $25.00 for rider and $10 for passenger. Call (443)255-5902 for more details.
- Models-N-Throttles. Sunday June 13, 2010, noon - 6:00 pm. Tailgaters Bar, 204 Saint Charles Way, York, Pennsylvania. Features live music, bike stunts by The Adrenaline Crew and a bikini contest.
Enjoy reading Tom's articles? Bookmark his page and stop back frequently, or subscribe (at the top of this page) to receive an email update when Tom publishes new articles.
Follow Tom on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BaltoMCTrvlExnr or @BaltoMCTrvlExnr