Over the last few weeks, CSAs are beginning to be delivered with lots of greens and a wide variety of spring vegetables. With a base of fresh and plentiful spring greens, salads can come alive with pops of color and unexpected tastes. And with some creative preparations, a healthy and beautiful salad can grace any table and win the hearts of moms everywhere. Best of all, if you purchase Miracle Harvest salad dressing from Associated Foods stores in Utah, you are supporting Primary Children’s Medical Center with every purchase! Won’t mom love knowing that you are eating well and doing good at the same time?
- 1 bag of spring greens from La Nay Ferme
- 2-3 La Nay Ferme radishes, thinly sliced
- 3-4 La Nay Ferme carrots in various colors, shaved or sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 5-6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- any other vegetable you and your family enjoy!
- Miracle Harvest’s balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp. fresh La Nay Ferme thyme, roughly chopped
Wash the greens and pat dry. Thinly slice the radishes using the narrowest setting on a mandolin. Slice the carrots using a wider setting. Dice and slice peppers and mushrooms. Prepare other vegetables as desired. Assemble salad dry. When ready to serve, whisk together the fresh thyme and Miracle Harvest dressing and toss over salad, or allow everyone to dress their own portion.