Below are the top ten best selling books for the week ending January 25, 2013, at Mostly Books, an independent Tucson bookstore.
1. Flight Behavior: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver - This novel is about a farm wife discovering what appears to be a lake of fire.
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - This is a classic Russian novel.
3. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - This is the prequel to the Lord of the Rings series.
4. In Sunlight and in Shadow by Mark Helprin - This is book is set in post World War II New York City with a war veteran fighting for the woman he has fallen in love with.
5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel - This is a novel about a son of a zookeeper ending up lost at sea with zoo animals on a lifeboat. The book was recently made into a movie.
6. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - This is a classic French novel. A new film based on it was recently released in theaters.
7. The Round House by Louise Erdrich - This is a coming of age novel about a Native American boy trying to find out what happened to his mother, a victim of a racial hate crime.
8. The Light Between Oceans: A Novel by M. L. Stedman - This is a novel about a lighthouse keeper and his wife keeping a baby that comes ashore with a dead man.
9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This is a young adult novel about two teens with cancer falling in love.
10. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - This is the second book in the Beautiful Creatures series.