1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel - This is a novel about a son of a zookeeper ending up lost at sea with zoo animals on a lifeboat. The book was recently made into a movie.
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - This is a classic Russian novel.
3. One Shot: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child - In this Jack Reacher novel, Jack teams up with a young defense lawyer in the Heartland.
4. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - This is a classic French novel. A new film based on it was recently released in theaters.
5. Thanks, Help, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott - This book contains prayers designed to help people through tough times.
6. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - This is the prequel to the Lord of the Rings series.
7. Flight Behavior: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver - This novel is about a farm wife discovering what appears to be a lake of fire.
8. Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and The Murder of a President by Candice Millard - This book is about the assassination of President James A. Garfield.
9. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn - This is a mystery suspense novel about a marriage that goes very wrong.
10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This is a young adult novel about two teens with cancer falling in love.