December 17, 2013
Moroccan Chicken With Fruit & Olive Topping
The pairing of dried fruit and olives is also characteristic of other North African cuisines, such as Tunisian and Algerian.Ingredients
- 3/4 cup dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole green olives
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp leaves dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 breasts, bone and skin removed chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 fl oz white wine
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and thyme evenly over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes until tender. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add fruit and remaining ingredients to pan; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Serve over Israeli couscous, a pearl-like pasta; sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Note: based on recipe from Cooking Light.
Courtesy of JLM83