Moringa oleifera has been in use for more than 2,000 years and is a very valued plant for a wide variety of applications. It has been revered for centuries in countries in Asia and Africa for both its healing and nutritive value. It is only now being discovered in western culture as people look to nature for health and treatment.
The leaves, seeds and oils from the Moringa Tree have been used for over 2,000 years for their nutritive and healing value.
Moringa’s benefits are derived from the plant’s high concentration of bio-available nutrients. It contains high levels of Vitamin A (beta carotene), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin B7 (Biotin), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol), Vitamin E (Tocopherol) and Vitamin K.
Because the Moringa tree is rich in nutrients, and because the tree’s various parts can all be used, it’s many benefits vary depending on which part of the plant is being used. The young, immature Moringa oleifera pods are the most valued and widely used of all the tree parts. The pods are extremely nutritious, containing essential amino acids, forming a complete protein source, and many vitamins, minerals, co-enzymes, and antioxidants.
How can Moringa oleifera benefit you?
The possibilities are endless. Here are just a few of the many real benefits people discover when taking this product:
- Increased physical energy - Tune your body up with naturally occurring nutrients to make your energy last longer
- Mental and emotional balance - powerful nutrient compounds help restore stability to the chemicals that govern our thoughts and emotions. You have to experience it to appreciate it!
- Faster recovery - Moringa oleifera's complete amino profile, along with dozens of vitamins and minerals, makes it a perfect recovery food after grueling workouts and physical strain.
- Healthy blood sugar levels - antioxidants and unique regulating compounds help control blood sugar and keep the blood free of unhealthy substances.
Just a few of the other many benefits of Moringa oleifera include increased flexibility, improved sensory perception, better sleep cycles, decreased depression and anxiety, and improved memory.
Moringa leaves are perhaps equally valuable and provide powerful benefits to anyone who is conscious of their nutrient intake. The leaves of the Moringa tree are among the most protein-dense leaves of any plant species. They also contain high levels of vitamin A comparable to carrots, calcium comparable to milk, and vitamin C comparable to oranges, as well as high amounts of other vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.
Unlike factory produced synthesized pills, the Moringa leaf is crushed and inserted directly into a capsule, retaining all its nutritive value.
The Moringa tree thrives in arid conditions in Asia and Africa, where it’s known by a variety of names, including clarifier tree, drumstick tree, and horseradish tree. Thanks to its growing popularity, it is formally cultivated in Africa, Central and South America, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
Living up to its nickname as a ‘Miracle Tree’, Moringa is the basis for many health and nutrition programs funded by various charitable organizations. Experts agree that a Moringa tree contains over 90 bio nutrients, 27 vitamins, 46 antioxidants, all 8 essential amino acids, and minerals, to help in the battle against malnutrition and aid in overcoming a number of illnesses, disabilities, and diseases.
Here are some of the amazing nutritional benefits to consuming Moringa. In a pound for pound comparison to other food sources, it contains:
- 7 times the vitamin C found in oranges
- 4 times the calcium found in milk, and twice the protein
- 4 times the vitamin A found in carrots
- Thrice the potassium found in bananas
- Thrice the iron found in almonds