For those who haven't decided what to do this Labor Day weekend, there are even more opportunities to gather the clan, pack the SUV and head toward the mountains.
- His Last Days: At the Tallulah Gallery in Tallulah Falls, there will be a dramatic performance of the last days of the life of Jesus on Aug.31-Sept.1. Visit brokenvesselsministries.org or call 706-782-2182 for details.
- Running Water Powwow: At Ridge Ferry Park in Rome, on Aug.31-Sept. 1, enjoy food, music and dancing. Visit runningwaterpowwow.com or call 706-295-5576 for details.
- Mountain Heritage Festival: In Blairsville's town square area, on Aug.31-Sept.1, there will be crafts, music and demonstrations of early mountain life. Visit unioncountyhistory.org or call 706-745-5493 for details.
- Powers Festival: On Aug.31-Sept.1 at the Powers Pavilion in Newnan, there will be arts and crafts, food and entertainment. Visit powerspavilion.com or call 770-253-2011 for details.
- Labor Day on the Lake: On Aug. 31-Sept. 2, at the Florence Marina State Park in Omaha, enjoy games, nature programs and crafts. Visit gastateparks.org/florencemarina or call 229-838-4706 for details.
Doing things as a family, even if the children are grown now, builds and maintains bonds that help people enjoy life and live longer, happier lives. Making memories together is naturally healthy and gives each person inner strength to draw upon in adverse times.
Every celebration in the mountains is a family reunion, fit for children of all ages. Come, enjoy the cool mountain air, good food, music and new friends.