There are so many talented artists who have come from the Sunshine State, and many have made a huge name in the entertainment industry. Here are some more great tracks by local talent that made it big.
- Guys Do It All The Time, Mindy McCready. This sassy country track by the late singer is perhaps her best-known. The up-tempo song details a woman giving her man some of his own medicine when she decides to go out for a night on the town.
- Could I Have This Kiss Forever, Enrique Iglesias. The son of a Latin superstar made a big splash in the mainstream music world following the Latin explosion in the '90s. He combined the best of both worlds by teaming up with one of the biggest names in R&B/Pop, the late Whitney Houston, for a steamy love song filled with the rhythms that made his genre so popular.
- Seasons Change, Expose. Back in the '80s, Freestyle music was booming and no one did it better than this trio. They continued releasing music into the early '90s, but this one from their debut is one of their best. The lead vocals perfectly capture the mournful lyric as the narrator struggles to hold on to a love she feels slipping away.
- Every Time We Say Goodbye, Ana. Even though she didn't make the splash Debbie Gibson or Tiffany did, Ana was perhaps the best vocalist to come out of the teen pop scene at the time and this song is a great example of her strengths. Written by Gibson, the track reflects on the pain of having to be separated from the one you love. She hits notes in this song that few of her contemporaries could at the time with a voice far more mature than her years.
- Lonely No More, Rob Thomas. While he is best known for his work with local band Matchbox 20, Thomas is a solo star as well. His collaboration with Santana was a huge hit and he went on to record a number of solo records. This track, his debut, mix a pulsing R&B beat with rock tinges and unique sounds. His voice oozes bitterness and desperation as he begs his love to prove how they feel and save him from the pain he's felt in the past.