Moran and Robinson eagled No. 6, then birdied Nos. 9, 10 and 11 while on their way to posting an overall 2-under 70 on the day.
They edged the second place teams of Troy Monaghan/John de Vroome, Joshua Roesler/Andre Sauve and Daniel Evoy/Kevin Evoy by one stroke.
Fourteen teams out of the 58 that competed on Dragonfly’s 6,002 yard, par-72 track will now challenge for the chance to sip a refreshing beverage from the Absolute Comedy Cup on Championship Saturday (Aug. 23) at Outaouais Golf Club.
Here are the teams that made the cut:
- Chad Moran & Keith Robinson (-2)
- Troy Monaghan & John de Vroome (-1)
- Joshuha Roesler & Andre Sauve (-1)
- Daniel Evoy & Kevin Evoy (-1)
- Barry Halverson & John Culhane (+1)
- Lorne Rajzman & Dave Matley (+1)
- Gilles Peladeau & Denis Quinn (+1)
- Martin Comtois & Jonathan Blouin (+1)
- Ian Ford & Se-King Huang (+1)
- Patrick O'Leary & Blair Labronte (+2, won playoff)
- Don Brennan & Tim Baines (+2, won playoff)
- Mike Alexander & Adam Hanson (+2, won playoff)
- Larry Aris & Jamie Aris (+2, won playoff)
- Ryan Rogers & Tim Sagmeister (+2, won playoff)
Tournament organizers send congratulations to Stephane Lavoie who won the 50/50 Make-A-Wish closest to the pin contest.
The Week Ahead:
- Promomedia B - Today at Le Sorcier in Gatineau
- Junior Open, Ladies Open, Ladies B & Ladies C - Aug. 21 at eQuinelle Golf Club in Kemptville
- Flagstick Open, Senior Open & GolfWorks A - Aug. 22 at Talon at GreyHawk in Cumberland
- Championship Saturday - Aug 23 at Outaouais Golf Club in Rockland
- Championship Sunday - Aug 24 at Eagle Creek Golf Club in Dunrobin
The Ottawa Sun Scramble was first launched in 2005 with an Open and Senior event at Eagle Creek Golf Club.
The weeklong tournament now offers 10 two-round partner divisions plus the Regimbal Media Challenge and four qualifying events. The tournament is conducted by local golf promotion company, ClubEG (executivegolf.ca), and is a scramble format where both players take a shot and use the better of the two, from the tee box, on the fairway, in bunkers and on the green.
Subscribe to Ron Patey’s Examiner.com golf coverage free of charge by clicking on the subscribe icon near the top of the column, after which you will receive an e-mail notification each time a new report is posted.