Monticello College, a unique school located in Monticello, Utah, has just announced a job opening for the position of full-time mentor. The job will begin in February of 2015 and continue through the 2015 academic year, which runs from April through November. This mentor would work closely with students in order to accomplish the school's mission, which is to foster the public virtue, moral character, courage, and foresight so common among America's founders and prepare graduates who are able and willing to guard the principles of liberty. As the college also promotes strong families, married mentors who can set an example of a happy, harmonious family unit are encouraged to apply.
A qualified applicant will possess at least some of the following qualities and abilities:
- a deep desire to learn about and share the wisdom of a liberal arts education
- an enjoyment and appreciation of nature
- the ability to lead colloquia and field trips
- an appreciation of the benefits of small-town living and of a close-knot community
- a willingness to live by a high moral standard, which includes no alcoholic beverages
- a knowledge of survival skills
- a willingness to perform farming and gardening chores.
The College is not a religious institution, although the existence of a higher power is acknowledged daily. This is a very demanding but rewarding position. If you think you might be interested, reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.