Every child looks forward to going trick or treating on Halloween Day! Parents on the other hand are concerned about the candies they may want to taste along the way. To ensure that their stash is held in their bags and not snacked on during their travels from house to house is to provide a snack for them to eat along the way. Then when they return with all the goodies or candy and treats parents can go through the lot and toss those pieces that are opened or contain an ingredient they might be allergic to.
This monster munch is very potable and can be placed in a small sealable plastic bag or put into cellophane bags to hand out to relatives and guests at your Halloween house party. This treat is easy to make and hauntingly delicious as well as a lot healthier than a fist full of candy.
- 5 cups of crispy corn cereal squares
- 2 cups of cinnamon-flavored bear-shaped graham crackers
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups tiny twist pretzels
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups small candies (candy corn, candy pumpkins, M & M’s)
- 1/2 cup white, milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place measured amounts in small bags or decorative Halloween bags.
- Give one bag to each child before they head out the door so they have something to snack on until you can look through the loot bag they bring home later that evening.
- Hands out individual bags of your delicious monster munch snack mix as a parting gift to guests at your Halloween party.
- Place a plastic pumpkin on the table and fill it with the monster munch snack mix and let guests and family spoon out how much they want to eat.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: