“I am so grateful for all of the love and support from fans of Project Runway. I want to give back to my community some of the love that they have shared with me,” Mondo revealed.
On Thursday September 30, the Denver designer will hold a benefit at Beauty Bar to raise funds and awareness for Colorado AIDS Project (CAP) and Rainbow Alley, the youth drop-in support program at GLBT Center of Colorado. Both these organizations hold special significance in Mondo’s life.
As a member of the gay community in Denver, Mondo is intimately familiar with the challenges facing GLBT youth as well as the stories of those living life with HIV/AIDS. Mondo is giving back to the vibrant community that has helped shape his career by auctioning his original work along with designs from several other Project Runway contestants.
Fellow season 8 cast mate, Michael Costello, is co-hosting the benefit which includes opportunities for fashion fans to purchase signed portraits and have photos taken with the designers. Also up for grabs:
- Original works from local artists Paul Moschell and Ziah Solis
- Professional services from Mondo’s make up maven, Becky Laschanzky
- Theatre tickets to Hairspray and Cabaret from Arvada Center
- Theatre tickets to RENT from Town Hall Arts Center
- A tattoo certificate from Sol Tribe
- Items from Project Runway judges Heidi Klum and Nina Garcia
- Tim Gunn Swag Bag
- A photo shoot, valued at $1100, styled by Mondo, including professional makeup services by Becky Laschanzky and captured by Vivid Photography Studio—the creative team who helped bring Mondo’s fashion portfolio to life.
- And many more amazing surprise items!
“I hope everyone will come out to support these great organizations,” said Mondo, “It’s going to be major!”
Mondo’s benefit event takes place at Fabric Lab’s Project Runway night at Beauty Bar Denver located at 608 E. 13th St. on Thursday September 30 at 6:00 pm. Proceeds from the benefit go to Colorado AIDS Project and The GLBT Center of Colorado’s Rainbow Alley Youth.