Sometimes moms just need a refresher. A clean face can do just that - leaving you feel ready to take on the world again. I've been looking for a simple face scrub with just a few natural, organic ingredients. I decided I'd try making one. I came across a few "ancient" formulas that women around the world have apparently been using for decades to lighten or remove facial hair. I decided with a few of these in mind, they might make a good facial treatment too. Here's what I cam up with that I've been using for a few weeks and am very happy with the result. It feels refreshing, gently scrubs away rough patches, bleaches facial hairs and leaves me feeling refreshed.
Natural Facial Scrub
- organic sugar crystals (I bought a small bag for $1.49 at my local natural grocer)
- organic lemon juice (you can fresh squeeze it, but my store has had trouble lately getting organic lemons, so I tried the bottled organic lemon juice in the lemon-shaped squeeze bottle on the fruit aisle.)
- In a small glass or ceramic bowl, pour in 1-2 tablespoons of the sugar crystals.
- Squeeze in just enough lemon juice to make a paste, I squeeze it in without measuring, but it's about 2 teaspoons.
- Mix with your fingers and apply immediately to your face, scrubbing it on gently all over your face and neck. Don't get in your eyes.
- Leave on for about a minute and rinse well.