A mom who shot an intruder 5 times after he broke into her home has become yet another story revolving around the issue of gun control in America.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a Logansville mother of two who worked from home was startled when she heard unsolicited knocks on her front door.
Soon, the knocks became louder and louder, which caused the woman to call her husband in fear.
“Get the kids and hide,” he said to his wife over the phone.
The mother grabbed her two children and bolted to a crawlspace near her office. By that point, however, the intruder had made his way inside the home.
Walking around from room to room, it was when the burglar made his way into the office where things got bad.
Bad for the burglar.
Coming out from hiding and holding a .38 revolver, the mom shoots the intruder 5 times, hitting him in both the face and neck area.
“The guy’s face down, crying,” said the Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. The name of the mom in question has not yet been revealed.
But the name of the intruder has been made public. His name is Paul Ali Slater, and he is expected to survive.
This unique story comes on the heels of President Obama’s announcement that he’s interested in implementing a new or more robust gun policy in America following the Sandy Hook school shooting.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1) Ke$ha's song pulled from radio, singer apologizes on Twitter
2) Katt Williams says he slapped Target employee over N-word slur
3) Tantrum over burger in McDonald's leads to assault charges
4) Boy gets $6.9 million after being molested in 2008
8) Watch the touching tribute to CT school shooting victims by NBC's 'The Voice'
13) Bethenny Frankel to separate from her husband after 2 years
15) Could Piers Morgan be deported for his gun control comments?
16) Ann Curry begging NBC to fire her?
17) Fantasia releases anti-gay statement on Instagram, then recants it