A mom rescued her baby from a python after her cat's hissing woke her up from sleep, according to a Jan. 7 Daily Mail report. Tess Guthrie, 22, woke from her sleep to find that a six-foot-long python had wrapped itself around her daughter's arm.
The New South Whales mother said,
"I thought I was having a nightmare, but then realized this was no bad dream. It was only because the cat was hissing that I woke up and saw the snake with its body wrapped around my daughter Zara’s arm."
What a horrific situation to wake up to! As the mom rescued her two-year-old baby from the python, the snake bit her daughter's arms three times. Thankfully, the snake's bites were not venomous.
Unbelievably, the snake may have been in Tess Guthrie and her daughter's home for several days. A snake expert did not think that the python was trying to hurt the babe. The snake was simply attempting to get warm.
Even so, it had to be an incredibly scary experience for both the mother and baby. Thankfully the cat alerted the mom so that she could rescue her baby from the python. Ultimately, at Tess Guthrie's insistence, the snake was not killed. In fact, it was released back into the wild about three miles away from her house.
Have you ever had a situation similar to this one? Do you think you would be able to rescue your child from a python? Would your cat or other pet alert you if something was wrong? c