Music

Moeraes Fate under 18 playing for thousands

MFexaminer.jpg

Photo by: Brian O'Brien

Moeraes Fate On line

• Moeraes Fate on Myspace

Most girls under the age of 18 are going to volleyball practice, prepping for prom and wondering what they're going to be when they grow up. As for the girls in Canadian rock group, Moeraes Fate, that's not exactly the case.

As the winners of the YouDiscover contest, guitarist Ali Stead, drummer Kayla Faye, and bassist/vocalist Katee Lee found themselves in front of 30,000 screaming fans and on live television playing at the Niagara Falls New Years Eve party opening for Glass Tiger and Styx.

They showcased a few tunes from their original catalog but also took the time to pay tribute to the late Michael Jackson with their rendition of, "Man in the Mirror."

Following the Niagara Falls gig, they played their next landmark gig of their careers, the Hard Rock Cafe in Toronto.

It's clear that such a young band, with hard work, dedication and natural talent, can make their dreams a reality.

Look for the girls to cross the boarder into the U.S. this year as their momentum continues to grow in support of their latest EP, "Making of the New Me."

For more info: Visit Moeraes Fate on Myspace and Facebook.

Comments

• Virtual Roadie 4 years ago

Yes, these 3 young ladies know how to ROCK! Make sure you check them out, you won't be disappointed!

• Brando! 4 years ago

Moeraes Fate is the next hottest thing to come out of canada. You girls rock, cant wait to see you ladies live again.

• cathyls 4 years ago

These 3 young ladies will rock your world, they are the hottest rock band in Canada right now and well on there way to be the number 1 band, if you think they are great on myspace wait till you hear them live, they will blow you away, I love Moeraes Fate, they are awesome, check them out and I am sure you will agree with me.

• Cherie 4 years ago

These young ladies are so Talented!!!...We can't wait for them to come visit Down Under in Australia

• David 4 years ago

Someone invited me to see this concert with three little girls. OK, so I went to accomodate a friend. Expecting something of a high school band performance I had to give my head a shake and it was minutes before I realized my jaw was on the table. Yes great songs on the Ep but seeing them LIVE. One word can describe: MIND BLOWING. I also got the opportunity to meet them at their merch table after the show. They are a class act. Sweet girls indeed, giggling and blushing BUT furocious lionesses onstage ready to chew you up and take you somewhere the music scene hasnt seen since the introduction of RUSH and has been waiting for what seems like forever. I highly recommend getting out to a show asap before they start filling stadiums and selliong tickets out in record time. And I was amazed to see their fan base was a large variety of ages. Nothing like seeing a 40 year old man head banging in front of the stage. Makes one wonder is it head banginging or hypnoptic worship. A++

• Sandi 4 years ago

I'm really disappointed to say I have yet to be able to catch the girls live~but I love their music. I know for a fact that the talent they have matches their personalities. I believe that Ellen needs to invite them to play on her show. Awesome to see Katee, Ali, and Kayla winning fans over everywhere they go! I can't wait to have the opportunity to see them in person :)

• PJ Murphy 4 years ago

I've been following the fortunes of this band since they sent me a friend request (as "Dame" ) on MySpace about two years ago. They were amazing then, but the hard work and dedication they've put into improving their songwriting, musical skills and stage performance is just staggering.

Their metamorphosis into "Moeraes Fate" is the first step in their journey into the international Rock Music scene, to take up their rightful mantle as the "Future of Rock". It's only a matter of time.

• screamin pete 4 years ago

wow these girls realy know how to rock my socks off!!!