Modern southern music meets modern southern style at Belk as we meet inspiring artists from Grammy Award winners to up-and-coming talent who embody the soul of modern southern music and hear from them how fashion first into their world.
Belk and Live Nation are teaming up to present a unique concert-going experience in Dallas, Birmingham, Atlanta, Charlotte and Raleigh. Come see the latest fashion trends and celebrate modern southern music in the Belk Lounge at an amphitheater near you.
Belk thanks all who participated and continues to celebrate southern musicians. To see the contest winners and behind the scenes coverage, visit belk.com/music.
Visit belk.com/music for concert venues, dates and details.
Featured modern southern musician are shown in selections of Belk’s modern southern style, bringing together the very best of both worlds and appealing to all the senses. Meet the artists and enjoy Belk’s modern southern favorites for spring 2014.
- Singer/song writer Shannon Whitworth loves color and brought it to the stage in Jessica Simpson’s rope tank ($44), flare pants ($49) and earrings ($20)
- Lonnie Davis is featured in a Plenty by Tracy Reese printed sheath dress ($138)
- Shannon Whitworth chose a Vince Camuto navy jumpsuit ($118) and a wrist filled with slim gold bangles
- Jazz trumpeter John Michael Bradford, a student at the prestigious New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts, features a Calvin Klein navy suit coat ($239), matching suit pants ($89.99) and white dress shirt ($52.50)
- Jazz flutist Lonnie David, founder of the Charlotte-based non-profit Jazz Arts Initiative, appeared in a white lace dress from Laundry by Shelli Segal ($225)
- Lonnie David is again featured in a Lucky Brand statement necklace ($75) and matching earrings ($25)
- Steep Canyon Rangers, the 2013 Grammy Award winning American Bluegrass band, is shown in Calvin Klein’s wool suit coats ($239.99) with matching pants ($89.99) and Lauren Ralph Lauren wool suit coats ($239.99) and matching pants ($89.99)
- Vocalist Pearl Charles, who performed live at Cipriani in New York at the Fashion Institute of Technology Retailer of the Year gala, stands out in a French Connection beaded dress ($268)
- Noah, a young aspiring violinist, chose a Lucky Brand chambray shirt ($42) and Levi’s grey skinny jeans ($40)
- Karina, a young aspiring guitarist and violinist featured a Lucky Brand chambray dress ($59)
- Singer/songwriter Joe Firstman, an LA Music Award winner, chose a Buffalo David Bitton sergeant twill military shirt ($79), over a Nadar photo red tee ($25) and King denim ($109)
- John Wesley Satterfield, also a singer songwriter from Nashville featured a Tallia Orange dress shirt ($61.99) with a MADE by Cam Newton vest ($39.99) and Buffalo David Bitton denim ($99)
- Young musician John Michael Bradford chose a Chip and Pepper California shirt ($58) over a Triumph tee ($39.50) and 7 For All Mankind jeans ($189)
- Georgia born singer songwriter Meiko featured a Miss Me lace top ($54) and denim crops ($99.50)
- Grammy nominated Troy ‘Trombone Shorty’ Andrews, singer, trombonist and trumpet player chose a Talia Orange sportcoat ($122.50), dress shirt ($61.99) and tie ($48.65)
To find out more about modern southern music meeting modern southern style, visit belk.com/music.
To see Belk’s complete selection of apparel and accessories or to place an order online, visit Belk’s website.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~