New Year, new you is a saying we here all around the world each January. People make New Year’s resolutions to be healthier and lose weight. Personally this examiner does not believe diets work. For a time they help, but then most of us go back to eating the same way.
What does work is making lifestyle changes. You can do this as quickly or slowly as you want. Get the family involved start with meatless Mondays. Each week add a healthy meal to the plan and before too long all your meals will be healthy. Oh, don’t forget you do get a cheat day.
Recipe: George Stella
· 1 medium head cauliflower
· 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
· 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
· 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
· 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
· 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
· 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
2. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
3. In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
4. Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
5. Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh
6. Rosemary for a whole new taste.