This sweet and tart treat is sure to win praises and compliments. Enjoy!
Cranberry Pecan Bars
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter in a food processor.
- Process until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add water and vanilla extract; pulse again.
- Press dough into prepared pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake dough for 15 minutes, until golden.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine whipping cream, brown sugar and honey.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Spoon filling over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.