Sporting Kansas City takes on the Real Salt Lake in the MLS championship game at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan. beginning at 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 7. On Friday, Sporting KC will host a FIFA World Cup draw at the park at 10:30 a.m. In attendance will be select MLS players, and the event is free to the public.
Other sporting events include the Ugly Sweater Run on Saturday at Washington Square, the Missouri Mavericks hockey takes on the Wichita on Friday and Arizona on Saturday at the Independence Events Center, and the Missouri Rhythm men’s basketball takes on St. Louis at the Grandview Christian School.
Live theater Dec. 6 to Dec. 8:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “6X10,” 6th Annual 10 Minute Festival, Closes Dec. 15.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “The Wiz,” closes Jan. 5.
- Fishtank Performance Studio: 1715 Wyandotte, “The 12 Plays of Christmas,” closes Dec. 15.
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “Twas the Night Before Christmas,” closes Dec. 28.
- Copaken Stage: 13th and Walnut, “The Santaland Diaries,” closes Dec. 22.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “A Spectacular Christmas,” closes Dec. 22.
- Quality Hill Playhouse, 303 W. 10, “Christmas in Song,” closes Dec. 24.
- Spencer Theatre: 4949 Cherry, “A Christmas Carol,” presented by the KC Repertory Theatre, closes Dec. 26.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Clybourne Park,” closes Dec. 29.
Music in Kansas City Dec. 6 to Dec. 7:
The Aftershock Bar and Grill is located at 5240 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. On Friday night at 7 p.m., the club presents Saving Abel with Black Light District, Casi Joy, and For the Broken. The show is suitable for all ages and the doors open at 6 p.m. General admission tickets are $20 each.
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. Friday night the club presents Knife Crime, The Caves, and Sona at 9 p.m. Saturday night at 9 p.m., the club will feature Bone Spur, Daffy’s Elixer, and Death Vendor on the main stage.
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District, will feature on stage The Magnetics at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Flannigan’s Right Hook take the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The RecordBar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. On Friday night at 7 p.m., the club presents Danny Cox and at 10 p.m., Bible of the Devil, Hosferatu, and Fault Finders take the stage. On Saturday at 7 p.m. Winston Apple and the Two Tones perform. At 10 p.m. Kodascope, Redder Moon, and Orthon Anderthon perform on the main stage.
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Road at 4048 Broadway in the Westport Entertainment District. On Friday night at 8 p.m., Hammerlord, Expo ’70, The Bad Ideas, and Uzis perform. On Saturday at 8 p.m., Midlake, and Sarah Jaffe take the main stage.
The Uptown Arts Bar is located at Valentine and Broadway near the Uptown Theater. The bar is a celebration of the performing arts in the Kansas City area. On Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. the club presents the Zach Laman Art Opening. From 7 to 10 on stage will be Sweet Imagery-Music and Spoken Word. From 8 to 11:30 p.m. the Comedy Showcase hosted by Norm Dexter with two shows takes the stage. On Saturday from 7 to 11 p.m. Sigma Phi Epsilon has an event in the BR Gallery. From 8 to 10 p.m. the club presents 1001 Arabian Nights.