1. Los Angeles Dodgers - The Dodgers hope to get Matt Kemp back sometime in early September, but it's not looking likely.
2. Tampa Bay Rays - The Rays took two of three in Baltimore to gain ground on the Orioles and keep pace with the Red Sox.
3. Boston Red Sox - Ryan Dempster is a total idiot. A total idiot.
4. St. Louis Cardinals - Carlos Beltran's bat has managed to stay hot after last year's second half fade.
5. Pittsburgh Pirates - The Pirates are still holding strong, but some cracks in their foundation are beginning to show.
6. Texas Rangers - The Rangers have a little bit of breathing room in the AL West and an easier schedule than the Athletics the rest of the way.
7. Detroit Tigers - Miguel Cabrera looks to be in pain, but it doesn't seem to be hurting his production at the plate.
8. Cincinnati Reds - The Reds are making a late-season for first place in the NL Central with just a month left to play.
9. Atlanta Braves - Jason Heyward just can't seem to stay healthy, and it's a shame. He was on a roll in August, showing everyone that he can realize his full potential when he can stay healthy on a consistent basis.
10. Baltimore Orioles - Another bullpen meltdown cost the O's dearly. A win Saturday would have made it a sweep over Oakland and tied them with the A's for the second wild card.
11. Oakland Athletics - The A's should feel fortunate getting out of Baltimore with a win and a two-game lead in the wild card over the O's.
12. Cleveland Indians - The Indians need Scott Kazmir to get back on track heading into the final month of baseball.
13. Kansas City Royals - Believe it or not, Eric Hosmer leads all of baseball by averaging the most distance on his home runs.
14. New York Yankees - Look who is back from the dead! The Yankees, re-energized by Alex Rodriguez and their series win in Boston, are battling their way right back into the wild card race.
15. Arizona Diamondbacks - The Diamondbacks have to hope one of the NL Central teams collapse in the final month to have a chance at grabbing the second wild card spot.
16. Washington Nationals - Davey Johnson suggested Dan Haren would be a good fit for a contender this year, which just shows you how he feels about his club's playoff chances.
17. Toronto Blue Jays - The Blue Jays would be just a few games below .500 if you took away all of the losses to the Yankees this year.
18. Seattle Mariners - Seattle fans can finally turn their attention toward a winning team with the Seahawks set to kick off the football season.
19. Los Angeles Angels - Albert Pujols was finally ruled out for the season, which is something we all essentially knew a month ago.
20. Colorado Rockies - Still no signs of Carlos Gonzalez, but it sounds like he is getting closer to returning to the lineup.
21. San Francisco Giants - Brandon Belt has really been swinging the bat well in August. Has he finally arrived?
22. Philadelphia Phillies - There is growing excitement about Roy Halladay's potential return. Can he be a key part of the rotation next year?
23. San Diego Padres - Tyson Ross has pitched well since returning from the disabled list, at least until his most recent start.
24. Minnesota Twins - Justin Morneau's recent tear could get him traded, but the Twins are running out of time.
25. Chicago Cubs - Jake Arrieta has been everything the O's promised he would be so far: erratic, both good and bad.
26. Chicago White Sox - If nothing else, at least the White Sox should have significant money to spend on the free agent market in the offseason after trading Alex Rios and will Paul Konerko likely to hang'em up.
27. New York Mets - Matt Harvey's ERA has come up a bit of late, but he couldn't be that close to perfect for an entire season.
28. Milwaukee Brewers - The Brewers have to be relieved that Carlos Gomez' injury isn't serious.
29. Miami Marlins - Giancarlo Stanton has caught fire of late, and it will be interesting to see if the Marlins view him as a piece to build around or someone to trade to acquire more pieces to build around.
30. Houston Astros - At least Arian Foster was finally activated from the PUP list.