The 2014 MLB live stream and TV schedule for April 2 features a lot of great action, including the second game of a three game series between the Kansas City Royals and Detroit Tigers. Detroit won 4-3 on opening day in dramatic come from behind fashion, but now the Royals are looking to even the score.
According to an ESPN report on April 1, Detroit will send 2013 Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer to the mound today while the Royals will counter with Jason Vargas. The hard throwing right-hander for the Tigers has owned the Royals of late. Scherzer is 5-0 with an ERA of just under 3.00 against Kansas City over the last two seasons. That’s domination.
It will be interesting to see how the Detroit crowd welcomes Max Scherzer before today's game. Scherzer turned down a long term deal just a few week's ago that was reportedly worth $25 million per season. That does have to make you wonder how much the Cy Young winner really wants to be in Motown. That is a lot of cash turn down!
Brad Ausmus earned his first win in his managerial debut for Detroit and he said things couldn’t have gone any better than they did on Monday.
"There's two things that could have spoiled opening day for me," Ausmus said. "One, if we lost. And two, if the sun wasn't out. Because for me opening day, the sun is out, fans are having fun, they're eating their popcorn, drinking their beer. The energy is higher."
The sun is expected to shine once again for most of the day in Detroit this afternoon as the Tigers go for their second straight win vs. KC.
Fans can catch all the action for today’s Royals vs Tigers game locally on FSN Detroit and nationally on MLB Extra Innings. You can also watch today's action streaming live online through MLB Extra Innings baseball package. Major League Baseball is running a free promotion from March 31 through April 6 so fans can catch all of the opening week of baseball for free!
Here is a look at today's schedule along with the current Vegas odds.
- Braves vs. Brewers (-140) – 1:10 p.m. EST
- Cubs vs. Pirates (-165) – 7:10 p.m. EST
- Colorado vs. Miami (-110) – 7:10 p.m. EST
- Washington (-145) vs. NY Mets –7:10 p.m. EST
- St. Louis (-110) vs Cincinnati – 7:10 p.m. EST
- SF Giants vs. Arizona (-120) – 9:40 p.m. EST
- LA Dodgers vs. SD Padres (-110) – 10:10 p.m. EST
- KC Royals vs Detroit (-190) – 1:10 p.m. EST
- Twins vs. White Sox (-155) -- 2:10 p.m. EST
- Red Sox vs. Baltimore (-115) – 7:05 p.m. EST
- Toronto vs. Tampa Bay (-155) – 7:10 p.m. EST
- NY Yankees (-165) vs. Houston – 8:10 p.m. EST
- Seattle vs. LA Angels (-135) – 10:10 p.m. EST
- Cleveland vs Oakland Game 1 -- 3:35 p.m. EST -- OFF
- Cleveland vs Oakland Game 2 -- 9:05 p.m. EST -- OFF