Skip to main content
  1. News
  2. Top News

Missing plane: MH370 captain ‘chief suspect’ had no future plans, says Malaysia

See also

As the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane Flight MH370 continues, Malaysian police officials have identified the captain as the prime suspect in the disappearance of the missing plane. The police investigation of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has not ruled out the possibility that the plane was lost due to mechanical failure or terrorism. However, as The Sunday Times revealed on June 22, Captain Zaharie Shah has become the “prime suspect.”

The three major reasons for declaring the captain of the missing plane as the prime suspect is reportedly due to the fact that all intelligence checks into the other passengers and flight crew members turned out without any leads, that the captain had not made any future plans for after March 8, and that he practiced landing on short runways on his flight simulator at home.

According to a report by The Independent, 53-year-old Captain Zaharie Shah was “named as ‘chief suspect’ by Malaysian investigators after plans for Indian Ocean flight [were] found on [his] simulator.” Even though the captain had deleted the data from the simulated flights on his computer, experts were able to retrieve the information which showed that the captain had plotted and deleted flight paths to small runways across the Indian Ocean.

The police investigation into Shah’s social life revealed that the captain allegedly experienced trouble in his marriage and home life, and that he had not made any plans for the future -- socially or for work. Captain Shah was a veteran pilot who joined Malaysia Airlines in 1981, and had more than 18,000 hours of flying experience. Relatives and family members of the captain deny the accuracy of the report.

While Malaysian investigators have passed on their findings about the captain to other foreign government officials and crash investigators, official results in regard to the investigation of Captain Shah have not been published.

If the five-page report about the events of March 8 is any indication, Malaysian officials report as much as necessary and as little as possible.

Since March 8, Malaysian officials have confirmed that Flight MH370 was hijacked, that the missing plane crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, and officials even stated that there is a remote chance of a survivor.

The latest so-called “news” about Captain Shah covered by The Sunday Times and The Independent provide only circumstantial evidence. As in previous reports, Malaysian officials focus on any external causes for the disappearance of Flight MH370 and fail to acknowledge any wrongdoing by Malaysia Airlines (for its cargo) or involvement by Malaysia’s government (their military fighter jets).

As previously reported, Tim Clark (the president of Emirates which is a major operator of Boeing 777s) pointed out that Boeing 777s are considered to be one of the safest planes ever built, and for one of them to mysteriously disappear is unprecedented in history. Clark also raised the question as to why Flight 370 wasn’t intercepted by Malaysian fighter jets after the plane was spotted by Malaysia’s military on primary radar.

As of June 22, the search for the missing plane, Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, is expected to be redirected several hundred miles south of where everyone has been looking for during the past three months. “Australian authorities will announce a new search area Wednesday in the hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, according to the agency overseeing the effort,” reports CNN on June 22. The new location in the southern Indian Ocean will be determined by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau after re-analyzing satellite data. “The Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which is leading the search at the request of the Malaysian government, said it is accepting proposals for the task until the end of June. The new search is expected to start in August at the earliest.”

In contrast to the news media, Malaysian officials, Australian authorities, and computer experts, the family members of the 227 passengers and 12 crew members of Flight MH370 are not looking for any data -- but for the truth.

If the latest missing plane update on June 15 by Malaysia Airlines is any indication, the truth about what happened to Flight MH370 is not going to come out any time soon. “The families has been on our minds throughout these past 100 days, and will continue to do for a long while to come.”

Advertisement

News

  •  Day 17
    Israel continues their ravaging bombardment on Gaza as the conflict wages on
    Video
    Video
  • MH17 victims arrive home
    40 bodies of the MH17 plane crash return to a somber homecoming in Holland
    Top News
  • Military advisers to Ukraine
    President Obama announces the deployment of military advisers to Ukraine
    Politics
  • Bubonic plague in China
    A bubonic plague outbreak in Yumen prompts China to quarantine the city
    World News
  • Air Algierie disappearance
    A flight headed from Burkina Faso to Algeria disappears from radar over Mali
    Headlines
  • Windows Phone training portal
    Microsoft launches Windows Phone training portal in attempt to woo consumers
    Tech

Related Videos:

  • Barracuda attack: 5-foot barracuda leaps into boat, attacks 13-year-old Fla. boy
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5i-gkWmPGJU?VQ=HD720&amp;allowfullscreen=true&amp;autoplay=1"></iframe>
  • Drunk man almost opens plane door during flight, major scare
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518339605" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518339605&autoStart=true"></div>
  • Conflicting reports on location of missing Air Algerie jetliner
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518339565" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518339565&autoStart=true"></div>