This sleek winter craft only takes 5 minutes to make, and is great for young children to adults. The solid black silhouette trees are perfect for your minimal holiday decor, but they can easily be transformed to something more traditional by using forest green or glittery gold paper.
- Begin by creating a tracer for the trees. Fold the paper in half, and begin by drawing half of small triangle near the top. Note, the two points of the triangle should be on the opposite side of the folded paper. Next draw a medium sized half triangle directly underneath the small triangle, the top of the medium triangle should overlap the bottom of the smallest triangle. Repeat the same process of the middle triangle, but this time draw a larger triangle that will be underneath the middle triangle, and overlap the middle triangle at the base.
- Cut out tree to make a tracer for the tree shape.
- Place the tracer on a new sheet of paper and trace the shape using a pencil. Repeat this step with the third sheet of paper.
- Cut out the two traced trees.
- Glue the 3 trees together so that each of the folded sides is glued to a different tree cut out.
- Place the standing tree on a table, mantel or coffee table to decorate for the winter holidays. If desired create more minimal holiday trees and arrange grouped together.
- 3 sheets of thick card stock or bulletin board paper divided into 3 sections
- Glue stick