Crab is a type of shellfish referred to as a crustacean. It’s the second best tasting sea creature next to a lobster. To prepare the best mini crab cake sandwiches you’ll need to purchase cooked lump or jumbo lump crab meat. Lump crab meat is delicious and has succulent flavor seafood lovers adore.
- 1 pound of lump crab meat
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of green onions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 hamburger buns or potato rolls
- Tartar sauce
- Preheat a grill or broiler.
- Combine eggs, mayonnaise, onion, mustard and breadcrumbs together in a medium sized bowl.
- Fold in the crab meat until completely covered by breadcrumb mixture.
- Season the crab cake mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the crab cake mixture to form 6 patties.
- Line the grill surface or broiler pan with a lightly coated piece of aluminum foil.
- Place mini crab cakes on the foil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the crab cakes over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place a slice of lettuce and tomato on a hamburger roll and top with a mini crab cake patty.
- Add your preferred condiments to the crab cake and top with the other half of the roll.
- Serve while hot.
- If grilling, make sure the crab cakes are cooked under a medium flame and not over the hottest section of the grill for best results.
- Never spray the cooking oil near the open flame. Have the foil pre-sprayed prior to going anywhere near the grill or broiler flame.
- Serve with a side of French fries, potato wedges, sweet potato fries or potato chips.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.