4J Studios has been working on Title Update 13 (TU13) for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition the last few weeks. This is the usual bug fix release that follows an update full of features. The list of releases was revealed Friday along with the news that the latest update was passed over to Microsoft for certification.
The list of fixes for Minecraft on the Xbox 360 include solving problems with ocelots and chickens doing an Exorcist movie impersonation, correctiving a number of graphical issues and making minecarts go back to their normal speed. Rollercoaster makers in the Minecraft community such as neuropsych should be happy to hear that last one.
It typically takes one to two weeks for an update to make its way through the Microsoft certification testing process and then deployed to Xbox LIVE. Since this release is only bug fixes and not new features, it will most likely take less than a week from today.
So what will be in TU14? No word yet but the Wither mob and Wither Skeletons seem likely candidates given that their mob heads were introduced into the Minecraft Creative Mode with TU12.
You can check out the full list of fixes coming with the TU13 release to Minecraft below.
- Fix to generate Experience Orbs when breeding animals.
- Fix for Zombie AI when in a house with the door closed.
- Fix for Ocelot and Chicken AI problem causing heads to spin around.
- Fix for Ocelot tooltips not properly showing the actions available.
- Added sounds for hitting Ocelots.
- Fix for graphical glitch with Fences.
- Fix for graphical issue with upside down Pistons.
- Fixed water in a Cauldron to be still, not flowing.
- Fixed world generation problems with some seeds (e.g 'journey').
- Added message saying you can't spawn enemies in Peaceful mode.
- Raw Fish is no longer removed from the player's inventory when trying to tame an Ocelot in Creative mode.
- Water will no longer be removed from a Water Bucket when filling a Cauldron in Creative Mode.
- Fix for missing text in the message when a player is killed by an Iron Golem.
- Fix for player shadow being displayed in the Inventory menu.
- Fixed some lighting issues.
- Fixed an issue with light and fire remaining after a lightning strike.
- Made Jungle Wood Stairs flammable.
- Fixed Silk Touch not working on Glass Blocks.
- Fix for underwater filter when camera collides with blocks.
- Added an option to hide a Mash-up Pack Themed World in the saves list, and an option to unhide all in the Settings menu.
- Increased Minecart speed to double the normal speed.
- Fixed some Redstone Lamp issues.
- Chests won't open now if a Cat is sitting on them.
- Added a limit to the number of Villagers spawned by breeding.
- Added the hearts display when Villagers enter 'Love Mode'.
- Fixed a problem with the rain sound not playing in some biomes.
- Fix for re-appearing ores, lava and water after mining, if they are within five blocks from the world edge.
- Fixed spawn positions in a saved Mash-up Pack world.
- Fixed issue with a map placed in an item frame revealing the position of all players despite 'In-Game Gamertags' having been disabled.
- Minecraft Store now displays the prices in the local currency, rather than Microsoft Points.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.