Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition owners can finally breathe a sigh of relief as Title Update 14 (TU14) was finally released Thursday, March 27. 4J Studios also confirmed that two new texture packs were added to the PSN Store as well to accompany the update.
Officially numbered patch 1.04 for Minecraft: PS3 Edition, the update does not contain horses, the Wither Boss, Wither Skeletons or the Adventure Mode but does come with a large number of new items such as emeralds and nether quartz plus new locations such as desert temples and jungle temples as well as new features like trading with Villagers and the ability for the host to teleport players in-game.
The new texture packs released include the Plastic Texture Pack as well as the City Texture Pack and both are available to purchase from the PSN Store for $0.99 each. Note that the update will need to be downloaded and installed for the texture packs to be available in the game.
You can check out the complete list of changes coming to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition and PS3 Edition below. There is still no word on when the Xbox One and PS4 releases will happen.
TU14 PS3 Edition Specific Updates
- Added new languages - Danish, Finnish, Latin American Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish and Turkish
- Various network issue fixes.
TU14 Xbox 360 Edition Specific Updates
- Updated all texture packs and mash-up packs with new TU14 additions.
- Changed the gray wool texture for City Texture Pack to be more like a road surface.
TU14 Xbox 360 Edition Specific Fixes
- Fixed a crash with Maps in Item Frames which happened when players were in the Nether or The End
- Fixed Chest locks showing through walls at a distance
- Fixes a couple of crashes related to the player’s banned level list
- Some lighting fixes
- Fix to Blazes so they go on fire before shooting fire charges
- Fix to allow drinking milk in Creative mode
- Fix to allow split screen players to see Splash Potion particles
- Fix to stop the held item being replaced with the first item in the Quick Select on exiting The End.
- Fixed an issue with throwing an Ender Pearl while travelling to The Nether or The End
- Fixed the active time for Wooden and Stone Buttons.
- Fixed a crash with Dispensers and Fire Charges
- Fixed a crash with local profiles in the Help & Options menu
- Corrected the leaves obtained using silk touch on Jungle trees
And finally, here is the complete list of TU14 updates that applicable to both Minecraft: PS3 Edition andMinecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
- Emerald Ore
- Block of Emerald
- Ender Chest
- Tripwire Hook
- Enchanted Golden Apple
- Flower Pot
- Cobblestone Walls
- Mossy Cobblestone Walls
- Wither Painting
- Baked Potato
- Poisonous Potato
- Golden Carrot
- Carrot on a Stick
- Pumpkin Pie
- Night Vision Potion
- Invisibility Potion
- Nether Quartz
- Nether Quartz Ore
- Block of Quartz
- Quartz Slab
- Quartz Stair
- Chiseled Quartz Block
- Pillar Quartz Block
- Enchanted Book
Additional Changes and Additions
- Added new recipes for Smooth Sandstone and Chiseled Sandstone.
- Added new Mobs - Zombie Villagers.
- Added new terrain generation features - Desert Temples, Desert Villages, and Jungle Temples.
- Added Trading with villagers.
- Added Anvil interface.
- Added sideways log placement.
- Changed placement of half blocks and other blocks on half blocks.
- Changed placement of upside down stairs and slabs.
- Wooden Buttons and Wooden Pressure Plates can be activated with Arrows.
- Can dye leather armor.
- Can dye wolf collars.
- Can control riding a pig with a Carrot on a Stick.
- Added different villager professions.
- Villagers spawned from a spawn egg will have a random profession.
- Furnaces can use wooden tools as a fuel.
- Ice and Glass panes can be collected with silk touch enchanted tools.
- Nether mobs can spawn in the Overworld from Portals.
- Creepers and Spiders are aggressive towards the last player that hit them.
- Mobs in Creative mode become neutral again after a short period.
- Remove knockback when drowning.
- Doors being broken by zombies show damage.
- Ice melts in the Nether.
- Cauldrons fill up when out in the rain.
- Pistons take twice as long to update.
- Pig drops Saddle when killed (if has one).
- Sky color in The End changed.
- String can be placed (for Tripwires).
- Rain drips through leaves.
- Levers can be placed on the bottom of blocks.
- TNT does variable damage depending on difficulty setting.
- Book recipe changed.
- Boats break Lily Pads, instead of Lily Pads breaking Boats.
- Pigs drop more Porkchops.
- Slimes spawn less in Superflat worlds.
- Creeper damage variable based on difficulty setting, more knockback.
- Fixed Endermen not opening their jaws.
- Added new Host Options for flying, invisibility and invulnerability for remote players.
- Added teleporting of players (using the player menu in-game).
- Furnace will return an empty bucket when fueled by a bucket of lava.
- Updated Bonus Chest content with more items.
- Added new tutorials to the Tutorial World for new items and features.
- Updated the positions of the Music Disc Chests in the Tutorial World.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.