Mojang released Minecraft snapshot 13w11a today that previews some of the issues fixed. This includes preventing the Ender Dragon from "griefing" game items when its not supposed to as well as unsightly white dots appearing where two blocks meet. The bug that prevented players from combining higher level enchanted bugs will also be fixed with this update.
The full official release of this patch to Minecraft is currently targeted for next week and will bump the version number up to 1.5.1. Those interested in trying out the snapshot now can download it straight from Mojang. However, it is recommended that only experienced Minecraft players that aren't afraid of messing up their game worlds tinker around with snapshots.
Here's the complete changelog for the Minecraft 13w11 a snapshot:
- Fixed the Ender Dragon being able to grief stuff if the gamerule mobGriefing is set to
- Fixed there being white stitching on polygon edges or white lines or black dots between blocks
- Fixed being unable to combine enchanted books for higher level enchants
- Fixed hoppers not trying to forward items from other slots if the first item can't be forwarded
- Fixed fire being invisible on 8 layered snow and hopper
- Fixed long scoreboard objective titles not being displayed properly under certain circumstances
- Fixed comparators powered by containers through blocks not updating when breaking the block
- Fixed falling blocks spawning too high
- Fixed paintings popping off and being unable to place new ones
- A few Minecraft Realms changes