Mojang confirmed Tuesday that a bug fix release for the PC version of Minecraft is coming this week. The independent studio delivered a pre-release update as well for those that want to preview the changes now.
The 1.5.1 will fix performance issues with the Minecraft Redstone Update that was released last week. The new release should make performance of the game equal to that of the 1.4.7 release according to Mojang.
In addition to the fixes that were revealed in the snapshot released last week, Mojang has also detailed the following with Minecraft 1.5.1.
- Falling blocks will no longer glitch one extra step.
- White stitching between blocks should be less frequent.
- Paintings can now be placed again.
- Performance has been improved, which will purge many of those framerate issues.
- A whole bunch of bugs have been squished.
The 1.5.1 pre-release is available to download now directly from Mojang's website. The full official release will be deployed Thursday through the Minecraft launcher. It is recommended that only experienced users update their game with the snapshots and pre-release versions. There is a risk that your game world or files could become corrupted or just plain messed up.