The Historic Third Ward was once a warehouse and manufacturing district, but now boasts cutting-edge art, fashion and design. Saturated with galleries, specialty stores and the coveted creative class of architects, advertisers and graphic designers, the Third Ward is one of Milwaukee’s most fashionable places.
Other cultural and culinary attractions include the Milwaukee Public Market, the Aveda Institute of Beauty and Wellness, the Broadway Theatre Center, the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD) and the Eisner Museum of Advertising, just to name a few.
Approaching the Third Ward on Water Street, don't miss:
• Blush – offering beauty services and mainly laura mercier cosmetics, this beauty boutique also has gifts and accessories
And on Milwaukee’s Broadway (Avenue) here are the stars of the show:
• Lela – new and vintage consignment apparel and accessories, an anchor of Milwaukee’s fashion district
• Anthropologie – a national chain and big sister to Urban Outfitters, this store offers bohemian-chic goods for the home and wardrobe
• Freckle Face – an eco-friendly children’s boutique offering furniture, toys and clothing
• shoo – high-quality and unusual footwear for men and women; works of art for your feet
• Retique – this is Goodwill’s first Milwaukee boutique featuring gently used clothing and home items
• East Town Women’s Shop – designer resale shop offering top name brands
• Factory – set to open in August, this boutique, owned by Valentina (in Brookfield), is where to find women’s couture apparel
• Stephanie Horne – exclusive collection of contemporary women’s clothing and accessories
Cutting across on Buffalo Street, check out:
• Lorena Sarbu– a luxurious clothier straight from the streets of Beverly Hills
• Sprout– toys and clothing just as adorable as the children they are meant for
• Flaire – men’s and women’s name brand apparel and accessories
If it’s fashions for your home that you're after, be sure to check out JuJu, the Home Market, Design Within Reach, Rubin’s and Embelezar for modern furniture and furnishings. Clearly, there are no lack of shopping options in Milwaukee’s Third Ward, but remember that high style can have its price.
Don’t miss the sidewalk sale on August 15, beginning at 10 am. For more information visit the Historic Third Ward web site.
If you are a shop-a-holic or just want to explore what Milwaukee shopping has to offer, also see: Milwaukee shopping destinations: Brady Street.