The Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial's Brick Paver Preview Party. This is an event to unveil the engraved Walk of Honor brick pavers for the Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
The Michigan Military Technical and Historical Museum
16600 Stephens Rd. (9 ½ Mile and Gratiot)
Eastpointe, MI 48021
- An exhibit to showcase and serve as a temporary home for 300 engraved brick pavers until they can be installed at the memorial in Royal Oak. The bricks have been purchased by those who wish to remember and honor a loved one.
- The memorial has a proposed budget of $3 million and the brick pavers on display are being sold for $100, $200 or $500, depending on size. Proceeds from the bricks are a main source of funding for the project. Donations, grants and sponsorships are also welcomed.
- Free admission for WWII veterans
- Terrence O'Rourke will present a $3,500 Quality of Life Grant to the memorial on behalf of the Million Dollar Round Table.
- The Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial is being erected in Royal Oak to honor Michigan residents who served in the armed forces and on the home front during World War II. The memorial provides a year-round, multi-purpose destination that tells Michigan's unique story and encourages visitors to both commemorate and celebrate their freedom. It also serves as an inspiration for future generations, reminding us all of the remarkable patriotism, selfless sacrifices and extraordinary devotion to the liberty that helped save the world. For more information, call 888.229.6126 or visit www.MichiganWW2Memorial.org.