Skip to main content
  1. Life
  2. Education & Schools
  3. General Education

Military members with education complaints: Here is a new way to be heard.

See also

Have you, as a service-member, had any problems with your journey through college such as credits not transferring, tuition not getting paid, or a mix-up with the release of a transcript? In the event that no one seems to be able to help, Military OneSource now has another avenue for service-members to voice their complaints and receive some redress. That avenue is the Postsecondary Education Complaint System.

First and foremost however, this needs to be spelled out clearly: the complaint system is only for service members using TA or MyCAA education benefits. For those that are using the GI Bill, Federal Financial Aid, or other forms of loans, the website provides directions to voice your complaints through the appropriate channels. In the case that a service-member is using TA or MyCAA, the complaint system website encourages its use when a school or educational institution is violating the Principles of Excellence set forth by the President in an Executive Order you may read here. Examples of the principles include ending “fraudulent and unduly aggressive recruiting techniques on and off military installations,” and allowing service-members to resume an educational program when their duties call them away from pursuing their studies. There are many other principles, so familiarity with them is always a good idea.

The website shows examples of the types of complaints they field and gives you the step-by-step timeline of what will happen to your claim. Remember, a fundamental key to success in any field is knowing and being able to access your resources. This is especially important for any service-member who is balancing the military way of life while pursuing higher education. In this event, this is a must-have resource.



  • Dan Savage
    Dan Savage cares about LGBT youth, bullying and saving lives
    Today's Buzz
  • Raku
    Teachers and students can use this summer to learn a new skill
    15 Photos
  • Beach body
    Fitness: Earn your beach body badge with bootcamp classes
    10 Photos
  • Greek wine
    Unwind with these delicious wines: The thrilling wines of Greece
    7 Photos
  • Mandy Moore
    Exclusive interview with Celebrity Mandy Moore concerning animal activism
    5 Photos
  • Educational family vacations
    Find out how to take an educational family vacation that doesn't break the bank
    9 Photos