When Denver rolls out the “white” carpet to the 19,000 VIPS of the snow sports industry during the SIA Snow Show, the annual Mile High SnowFest offers all snow fans ways to celebrate the Colorado winter! VISIT DENVER () is once again sponsoring the annual Mile High SnowFest, January 25-28, 2012.
“Denver is the No. 1 snow sports urban center in America, and for four days, we want to show the 19,000 delegates coming to the SIA Snow Show, that nobody knows the industry like the Mile High City,” states Richard Scharf, president & CEO of VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau. VISIT DENVER sponsors Mile High SnowFest with many events, deals and activities for both locals and visitors alike.
Mile High SnowFest showcases the wintery possibilities in Denver, including:
- During the Snow Show, Colorado’s largest kickoff party is Snowdown 2012 at City Hall, on January 26. Snowdown features an all-nighter line up of performances on five stages with headliner Dilated Peoples and special guests.
- Winter on the Rocks, the first-ever winter concert featuring top hip hop band Atmosphere and R&B superstar Common at Red Rocks Amphiteatre, one of the top music venues in the world, on January 27.
- Family fun at downtown’s Southwest Rink at Skyline Park through January 28. Skate for free with your own pair or rent skates for just $2. (Rink is open daily from November 25, 2011 through February 14, 2012.)
- Myriad of activities at the Denver Pavilions through January 28. Explore more than 30 shops restaurants and entertainments options at Denver Pavilions.
- Great events and deals continually updated through January at Downtown Denver’s top restaurants, bars and clubs, such as $3 drafts, $4 wells, $5 wines, $5 martinis, plus small bites from $3 at the Corner Office.
Go Green! Free Pedicabs to the Convention Center from Denver Pavilions on the 16th Street Maill. Complimentary round trip service during the show, Wed from 4-7 p.m. and Thursday-Saturday from 10am-7pm