Tate, 27, dreamed about landing one brutal knockout blow to finish the fight.
She says she wants Rousey to wake up just in time to see UFC President Dana White wrapping the belt around her waist.
“I just keep picturing in slow motion, me landing that one knockout punch," Tate said. “And her just falling and the ref just stopping it before I can even get another punch in. Just like, ‘She’s done! She’s done! Don’t hurt her anymore.’ Yeah, I just want to win by brutality.”
"I think he's the best guy in the weight class for me to beat," Weidman told ESPN.com. "He's the greatest of all time. He's a guy most people think I can't beat, and that gives me a drive. That's what I want."
Also on the UFC 168 main card, Josh Barnett battles Travis Browne.
“I think I’m a skilled fighter, but I’m also a well-rounded athlete,” Browne says. “A lot of people look at me as a standup guy because that’s where I’ve won most of my fights. They don’t understand how much wrestling I put into it. I just never had to use it yet.”
The Barnett vs Browne fight goes down two bouts prior to Weidman's tilt with Silva.
“I think there’s too much athleticism and too little skill now,” Barnett, a former UFC heavyweight champion, tells USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie. “It’s far easier to be a mediocre skill guy with a lot of athleticism or a skilled guy in one area and so-so in the rest.
“I say that Travis relies more on athletic ability. He’s improved from his first fight in the UFC, but I think it’s still a case of he knows where his bread is buttered.”
All 22 fighters scheduled to compete at UFC 168 made weight, with the exception of featherweight Diego Brandao.
UFC 168 main card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m.)
- Chris Weidman (184) vs. Anderson Silva (185) – for UFC middleweight title
- Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Miesha Tate (135) – for women’s bantamweight title
- Josh Barnett (252) vs. Travis Browne (242)
- Fabricio Camoes (156) vs. Jim Miller (156)
- Diego Brandao (151.5)* vs. Dustin Poirier (146)
UFC 168 prelims (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m.)
- Uriah Hall (185) vs. Chris Leben (185.5)
- Michael Johnson (156) vs. Gleison Tibau (156)
- Manny Gamburyan (146) vs. Dennis Siver (145)
- Siyar Bahadurzada (171) vs. John Howard (171)
UFC 168 opening card (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m.)
- William Macario (171) vs. Bobby Voelker (171)
- Estevan Payan (145) vs. Robert Peralta (145.5)