The bitter cold snap may be over in much of the American Midwest, as fitness enthusiasts snap to it in tons of Badger State runs and races during the first full weekend of February.
Check out this lineup of races and running events – both indoors and out – for Friday, February 7, through Sunday, February 9.
These Wisconsin running events are listed alphabetically – by date. A few snowshoe races and other running-related events are included, as well.
- Feb 7 – Friday – Pinnacle Indoor Triathlon #4 - Fitchburg, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Decide. Commit. Succeed. 5K Racing Series – Love Run 5K – New Richmond, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Hudson Hot Air Affair – Up, Up & Away 5K – Hudson, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Powder Keg Snowshoe Races – Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Seroogy’s Valentine Run – 5K/15K – De Pere, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Treehaven Tromp Snowshoe Race – Tomahawk, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Valentine’s 5K – Madison, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Valentine’s Heart Throb Walk/Run – La Crosse,/Onalaska, Wisconsin.
- Feb 8 – Saturday – Whitewater Aquatic and Fitness Indoor Duathlon – Whitewater, Wisconsin.
Race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes, as always, particularly with late autumn Midwestern weather surprises. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.