Taste the world in one place. Minneapolis is proud to have Midtown Global Market which offers foods from various cultures in the world. This market is for people who are curious about different ethnic foods available and is perfect for someone who is new to ethnic foods. Other than authentic foods, the vendors also sell traditional clothing and jewelries.
This is not an ordinary market because you would not find chefs busy cooking their foods or busy taking orders. Instead, it has a really peaceful ambience with a niche for high end customers. It is also well maintained and very clean.
The food stalls surround some dining tables and chairs in a circle. People can order different foods and sit together to enjoy the meals. This makes this place special in a way that is very family-oriented.
The best part about this market is it is located indoor. Living in an ice box for about 5 months, this place is definitely bliss for any Minnesotans! There is also 2 hours free parking nearby which makes this stop even more convenient. There are about 21 food stalls in this market. No wonder it is the largest indoor market here in Minnesota!
Midtown Global Market is located at 920 E Lake St G10, Minneapolis, MN 55407. For more information and events, check out http://www.midtownglobalmarket.org/
Here is how you can enjoy the flavors from around the world in one stop.
1. Café Finspang (Sweden)- Find lefse here! Cute Scandinavian gifts, candies and sweaters are also available. Delicious desserts.
2. Fresco’s Italian Market and Pasta Bar (Italy)- Fresh pastas and some imported Italian goodies
3. Holy Land Deli (Middle East) - Awesome kebabs, falafel, Greek salad and gyro all in one place!
4. Pham’s Deli (Vietnam)- Pho (noodle soup), bubble teas and other Vietnamese dishes available
5. Andy’s Garage (America)- 1950s American diner which offers burgers, shakes and cheese curds
6. Sabbai Cuisine (Cambodia/Thailand)- For spicy lovers, try pad thai and chicken curry dishes here
7. Safari Express (Africa)- Are you up for a camel burger? Here is the place to be! Otherwise, they have good curry dishes.
8. Grand Italian Ice- Gelato is all you need
9. A la Salsa (Mexico)- Authentic Mexican food bar style. Great for Happy hour deals!